General Manager Position Open
We are a very busy indoor sports facility located in Glen Carbon, Illinois. We offer youth and adult leagues, along with birthday parties, a full service bar and grill and more.
Who We Want
Our ideal General Manager candidate is searching for an opportunity to apply your team player mindset and contribute to our fast-paced and growing company. We are looking for an outgoing person with strong customer service, leadership and conflict resolution skills. You must be available weekends and evening nights during the week. You are committed long term and are a passionate believer in serving both customers and team members. You want to make a difference by working within the leadership team to create positive change and growth.
What You’ll Do
The General Manager will report to the Ownership Team and be responsible for sales and marketing activities to include recruiting new teams and players while also engaging in marketing campaigns through the website, email and social media. You will be responsible for recruiting, hiring and training of facility personnel. You will oversee the bar and grill/concessions and field trips/birthday parties. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of both the interior and exterior of the facility and other tasks assigned by the ownership team.
- 2+ years successful sales or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience operating or managing a facility
- Broad knowledge of internet and social media
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent prioritization skills
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating a variety of tasks
- Heart to serve customers and team members
- Soccer knowledge/experience as a player, coach or running a soccer facility
- Successful Customer Service/Customer Resolution experience
- Team sports knowledge/experience
- Proficient at scheduling (staff, leagues, tournaments)
What We Will Include
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus structure
- Paid Holidays
- Hours vary based on season and programming
Qualified candidates should send a copy of your resume and a brief email explaining who you are and why you believe you would be the best possible choice for this position:
Managers, Cooks and Concessions
Are you looking for your first job or a new job in a fun, family friendly environment? Then come join the staff at The Sports Academy. We are hiring energetic, responsible, hard working extroverts to fill the positions of bartending, concessions, cooks and maintenance. Hours are evenings and weekends.
Email your resume and the completed application below to firstname.lastname@example.org